Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mexican Helper!

Are you sick and tired of tacos, hamburgers, sloppy joes and basic ingredients for your ground beef? So was I. Don't get me wrong, I love taco night. I just would like to defrost my ground beef without a sense of resignation. As if it wasn't exciting enough, this is also a 1-pot dish. Rejoice! An easy cleanup!


Way tastier than it is photogenic...
Ingredients:
~l lb ground beef/turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup corn (frozen, canned, cobbed)
1/2 cup water
1 cup pasta of your choice (I chose shells)
Shredded cheese (I used taco cheese)
for taste:
chili powder
taco seasoning
oregano
garlic powder
onion powder
salt

Step 1: On a medium heat, cook the ground beef and onions in a large skillet until meat is browned and the onions are tender. Drain.
Step 2: Add tomatoes, corn, water and spices. Season to your liking. Bring to a boil.
Step 3: Add macaroni. Stir it in so it is all submerged by the mixture.
Step 4: Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
Step 5: Add cheese on top and let it melt.




No comments: