Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Five Minute Guacamole

I never thought I'd get my favorite guacamole recipe from an elementary school recipe book, but lo and behold I did. Many years back, my brother came home and taught me this recipe. To this day, I have never tasted better guacamole. The only thing that came even remotely close was Chipotle's recipe, but that is still miles away.





Five Minute Guacamole: (Serves 2, Adjust ingredients as necessary.)
1 avocado
A liberal sprinkling of chili powder
Salsa (a ratio of about 1/5th the amount of avocado:salsa)

-Scoop out avocado and mash it into a pulp.
-Add a liberal amount of chili powder. I generally make the center of the bowl a red circle before I stop.
-Stir in salsa. I like to use chunky salsa as it gives the guacamole a different kind of texture, but most kinds work really well.
-Enjoy! That's it!


This dish is best served with chips and in a non-neon orange bowl that was made in the 50's.

No comments: