Saturday, August 23, 2008

Delicious meat roll ups!

Last week my friend was over so I decided to cook something special for her. We ended up making Steak Saltimbocca, which I have taken to affectionately calling meat roll ups.

They were insanely delicious and after I beat the daylights out of the skirt steak, took about 30 seconds to put each one together. It was kind of pricey, but definitely worth the cost. The picture below is after 3 people ate very full servings. In other words, if you are going to make these, you might want to make a little bit less. This isn't a recipe where you need to convert 1/2tsp to 1/8th a tsp, it's the type where you dip chicken into batter. How many pieces do you plan to make? Well buy that many pieces of prosciutto and provolone and you're set.

I wish I had taken a better picture of this. I swear, they weren't nearly as bloody as my poor choice of plates leads you to believe!

We also made cherry raspberry pie which was everyone involved's first attempt at pie making. By we I mean my friend did it all while I beat the ever living daylights out of the skirt steak.


The next post should happen at the end of the month for the Daring Bakers Challenge. Ah! I'm so nervous!

No comments: